Testing website speed is important to improve user experience. As well as a website with higher speed helps to improve ranking in search engines. It is really important to check website speed these days.
The website is a combination of numerous web pages and other relevant content on the internet that is provided by a common name or entity.
The website is used as the tool of communication between the audiences and the salespeople to supply the information. Once you design a website, It is always important to know its insight data, page speed test, and site speed test.
These can be done with different SEO tools and web speed test software that are discussed below. Websites are developed by different parties like a private website by individuals, the corporate website by the organization, government website, etc that can function for a specific objective like for education, news, e-commerce, etc.
Testing Website speed is important for different reasons like improving the performance of SEO, positive user experience, reducing bounce rate, growing email subscribers, and selling more products and services. It is equally important to improve the speed of the website on all devices including mobile, tablet, and desktop.
Why It Is Important to Test Website Speed
- If the website takes longer than 3 seconds to load. 40% of users will leave a website.
- The website with good speed Keeps Users Happy.
- Fast speed helps to grow high conversions and leads.
- Speed helps to reduce the bounce rate.
- Improve user-experience and user likely to come again in the future.
- The website with fast speed always boost and improve ranking in search engine like Bing and Google.
7 Free Tools to Test Website speed
This is a very popular speed tool from google and It helps to check the speed of the site for both mobile and desktop. These tools also suggest improvements that needed to fix on the site in order to increase and improve speed.
I personally use the google page speed insight tool most often to test my and my client’s website.
Any green score (90+) is considered as good website speed, according to google page speed insight.
With the Pingdom tools, website owners can monitor sites’ up-time, performance, and interactions to improve a better end-user experience.
You just need to enter the site URL and select a server to test from Asia, Europe, America, or Australia and analyze performance.
You will get data like performance grade, page size, and load time. Also, it suggests users Improve page performance.
GTMetrix helps to know how fast your website load. You can get a detailed assessment such as your site and page speed with improvement and recommendations, Page Load Details (with time, page size, number of requests), Y slow score, Report history, and a lot.
The coll feature I love about GTMetrix is you can able to set up an alert and get a notification when your page under-performs. It will also send an alert linked with a full report. So website owners can know what happened on their site.
This tool is also one of the popular in the market that helps to audit site speed with load time in ms.
It helps to test and find out page speed issues. This is also one of the popular tools for improving SEO and increasing speed for any website.
The good feature of this tool is, It allows options to test speed from different devices like android and IOS and from the different server locations. It is one of the popular and free tools available in the market.
You can test website speed from a different server location like Random location, Netherlands, USA, Germany, Yew-York, Australia, Japan, and more. It also helps to measure website loading speed, analyze how your site page loads, and provide great insights data.
Eight ways to Speed Website
1. Selecting a Good Web-Host Depending
To host your website, You need to choose the best web hosting service provider because they work on various factors that can enhance the service and quality of the website.
They make your website accessible to the visitors and also reduce the downtime and that can attract the visitors to your websites and can turn them into customers.
2. Reduce the Media File Size
To prevent your blog or website from being slow, you need to reduce the size of the files and large images on your website.
I recommend making an image size less than 100kb. It can be done with the help of a WordPress plugin that incorporates every script into individual files on the basis of their nature.
And also you can lower the size of the images that hold more than half of the weight of your website.
3. Use of CDN (Content Delivery Network)
CDN (Content Delivery Network) is the network that serves as the distributing server to convey website and other content on the basis of the physical location of the user and type of website.
With the use of CDN, you can enhance the loading time of your website and transmit the web pages to audiences all around the world.
4. Keep Design Simple and Clear
For the speedy site and the maintenance and management of the website.
You can avoid complex designs and adopt a simple and clear one. A light and simple website with beautiful graphics and useful content can load quickly and gain more visitors.
Also, you should not use numerous plugins that can slow down your site.
5. Use the Proper Plugins for Clearing Cache
There are a lot of plugins to clean cache and improve website performance.
Caching reduces the bandwidth and boosts the performance by saving server duration as it reserves the web pages temporarily. And It helps to reduce the processing period and make everything faster.
6. Gzip Compression
Gzip compression is the technique that can diminish the file size by compressing them into your PC as ZIP files and stimulating the performance of your website.
It can improve the loading duration of the pages and can save bandwidth.
7. Reduce the Request of HTTP
One of the reasons for the slow performance of the website is the excessive components on the page as it requires more requests from the server.
So, to reduce the number of invitations of HTTP you can delete unnecessary files, images, and folders, and then you can collect various elements into one folder.
8. Repair or Remove Website Broken Links
You have to scan the links that are cracked on your website for the smooth performance of the website.
Cons and Pros on Website and Page Speed Test
- All speed testing tools may not show the same results. So, It may be confusing to niche users.
- Speed testing tools show any website speed and errors. So, it may not be comfortable for every website owner to display their insight speed data publicly.
- Even if all tools do not show same speed. But you can collect their recommendation and implement it on your website.
- It always helps to improve user performance knowing web speed data.
- These tools help to improve SEO (Search engine optimization).
1. What are the best free speed checker tools?
- All free tools are discussed above are great and you can try anyone.
2. My website doesn’t load faster. Any suggestions?
- The most common slow loading is due to server and theme. Try to avoid shared hosting and use a faster theme.
3. Is mobile and desktop speed different?
- Yes, Mobile and desktop speed may be different due to different internet connections, different browsers, and device performance.
4. My speed is slow but it has a good ranking why?
- Speed is important to SEO but it is not only the factor. On-Page SEO, Mobile view, Content quality, and Back-links are also things that helps to improve ranking in search engines.
Conclusion on Web Speed Test
Top search engine like google and bing loves higher speed website and the site speed is one of the factors of ranking too.
Speed is the first impression to attract new customers and for a niche business. These days many web builder companies are offering quick drag and drop web design software.
No matter if you are designing using a code or web builder. But It is equally important to have website speed.
Read More Resources
- How to create a responsive and high-speed website.
- How to make a website in Wix
- High-speed WordPress themes.