Testing website speed is important to improve user-experience. As well as website with higher speed helps to improve ranking in search engines. It is really important to check website speed these days. The website is a combination of numerous web pages and other relevant content on the internet that is provided by a common name or the entity. The website is used as the tool of communication between the audiences and the sales people to supply the information. Once you design a website, It is always important to know it’s insight data, page speed test and site speed test.
These can be done with different SEO tools and web speed test software’s that are discussed below. Websites are developed by different parties like a private website by individuals, the corporate website by the organization, government website, etc that can function for a specific objective like for education, news, e-commerce, etc.
Testing Website speed is important for different reasons like improving performance of SEO, positive user experience, reducing bounce rate, growing email subscribers, and to sell more products and services. It is equally important to improve the speed of the website in all devices including mobile, tablet, and desktop.
- If the website takes longer than 3 seconds to load. 40% of users will leave a website.
- The website with good speed Keeps Users Happy.
- Fast speed helps to grow high conversions and leads.
- Speed helps to reduce the bounce rate.
- Improve user-experience and user likely to come again in the future.
- The website with fast speed always boost and improve ranking in search engine like Bing and Google.
7 Free Tools to Check Website speed
This is a very popular speed tools from google and It helps to check speed of site for both mobile and desktop. This tools also suggest improvements that needed to fix on the site in order to increase and improve speed.
I personally use google page speed insight tool most often to test my and client’s website.
Any green score (90+) is considered as good website speed, according to google page speed insight.
With the Pingdom tools, website owners can monitor sites’ up-time, performance, and interactions to improve a better end-user-experience.
You just need to enter the site URL and select server to test from Asia, Europe, America, or Australia and analyze performance.
You will get data like performance grade, page size, and load time. Also, it suggests users Improve page performance.
GTMetrix helps to know how fast your website load. You can get a detailed assessment such as your site and page speed with improvement and recommendations, Page Load Details (with time, page size, number of requests), Y slow score, Report history, and a lot.
The coll feature I love about GTMetrix is you can able to set up an alert and get a notification when your page under-performs. It will also send an alert linked with a full report. So website owners can know what happened on their site.
Eight ways to Speed Website
1. Selecting a Good Web-Host Depending Your Requirement:
To host your website, You need to choose the best web hosting service provider because they work on various factors that can enhance the service and quality of the website.
They make your website accessible to the visitors and also reduces the downtime and that can attract the visitors to your websites and can turn them into the customers.
2. Reduce the File Size
To prevent your blog or website from being slow, you need to reduce the size of the files and large images on your website.
I recommend making an image size less than 100kb. It can be done with the help of a WordPress plugin that incorporates every script into individual files on the basis of their nature.
And also you can lower the size of the images that hold more than half of the weight of your website.
3. Use of CDN(Content Delivery Network)
CDN (Content Delivery Network) is the network that serves as the distributing server to convey website and other content on the basis of the physical location of the user and type of website.
With the use of CDN, you can enhance the loading time of your website and transmit the web pages to the audiences all around the world.
4. Keep Design Simple and Clear
For the speedy site and the maintenance and management of the website.
You can avoid the complex designs and adopt a simple and clear one. The light and simple website with beautiful graphics and useful content can load quickly and gain more visitors.
Also, you should not use numerous plugins that can slow down your site.
5. Use the Proper Cache
If you prefer to speed up the performance of your site then you can enable the cache feature.
Caching reduces the bandwidth and boosts the performance by saving server duration as it reserves the web pages temporarily. And It helps to reduce the processing period and make everything faster.
6. Gzip Compression
Gzip compression is the technique that can diminish the file size by compressing them into your PC as ZIP files and stimulate the performance of your website.
It can improve the loading duration of the pages and can save bandwidth.
7. Reduce the Request of HTTP
One of the reasons for the slow performance of the website is the excessive components on the page as it requires more requests to the server.
So, to reduce the number of invitations of HTTP you can delete unnecessary files, images, and folders, and then you can collect various elements into one folder.
8. Repair or Remove Website Broken Links
You have to scan the links that are cracked on your website for the smooth performance of the website.
Cons and Pros on Website and Page Speed Test
- All speed testing tools may not show the same results. So, It may be confusing to niche users.
- Speed testing tools show any website speed and errors. So, it may not be comfortable for every website owner to display their insight speed data publicly.
- Even if all tools do not show same speed. But you can collect their recommendation and implement it on your website.
- It always helps to improve user performance knowing web speed data.
- These tools help to improve SEO (Search engine optimization).
FAQ on Site Speed Test
1. What is the best and free speed checker tools?
- All free tools are discussed above are great and you can try anyone.
2. My website doesn’t load faster. Any suggestions?
- The most common slow loading is due to server and theme. Try to avoid shared hosting and use a faster theme.
3. Is mobile and desktop speed different?
- Yes, Mobile and desktop speed may be different due to different internet connections, different browsers, and device performance.
4. My speed is slow but it has a good ranking why?
- Speed is important to SEO but it is not only the factor. On-Page SEO, Mobile view, Content quality, and Back-links are also things that helps to improve ranking in search engines.
Conclusion on Web Speed Test
Top search engine like google and bing loves higher speed website and the site speed is one of the factors of ranking too.
Speed is the first impression to attract new customers and for a niche business. These days many web builder companies are offering quick drag and drop web design software.
No matter if you are designing using a code or web builder. But It is equally important to have website speed.